"Can Feminists and Non-Feminists Agree On Gender Equality?"

When I first saw the title to this video I was immediately drawn to watch it, because I think the best way to learn about something is to listen to all the different views that there are on the issue.
After watching it, though, I was trigerred. It is difficult to believe that there is so many young people that are still so conservative in their views on feminism and gender equality.

Statements like "feminism only talks about women's issues, but what about men's?", "but men also suffer repression", "wages are not higher for men, maybe they are just more qualified to do the jobs", etc., make me think that their views on feminism come from a place of ignorance and lack of interest to learn about feminism.

But that's just my opinion, what is yours?

Watch the video and tell us your point of view in the comments!


Comentarios

  1. Hi! Awesome video! In my opinion men should not consider feminism a threat to their gender because feminism is not about criticizing men or underestimating them but rather a defense on women's rights. Greetings from Spain!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your insight Keiko! I completly agree with you. Feminism is a movement to get equal rights for women, and that's why it focuses mostly on women. But it does not take away rights from men at all!

      Eliminar
    2. 100% agree with you, Elisa!

      Eliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

The role of USA feminists in the world

The First Wave

Hello, feministics!